Consumer Online Banking Agreement
Effective: March 2, 2015
The following information represents the Consumer Online Banking Agreement between you and Pacific Mercantile Bank (“Bank,” “we,” “our,” “ours”). This Agreement, including, as applicable, the signature card, rate and fee schedule, Truth in Savings disclosures, Funds Availability Policy Disclosure, Electronic Funds Transfer Agreement and Disclosure, and other instructions and the terms and conditions contained herein relating to specific Services that may be provided in connection herewith (collectively, this “Agreement”), sets forth the terms and conditions governing the provision of Online Banking services to you or anyone authorized by you (collectively, “Customer,” “you,” “your,” “yours”) and describes your and our rights, responsibilities and obligations. By clicking the “I agree” button at the end of this Agreement, you are electronically signing this Agreement, which shall be considered the same as your authorized written signature constituting your binding agreement to all terms, conditions, and notices contained or referenced in this Agreement Bank, in its sole discretion, may not permit Customer to use the Service until Bank has determined that Customer has accepted or executed the applicable documentation and otherwise provided appropriate information and specifications for the use of the Service, and until Bank has had a reasonable opportunity to activate the Service. In any event, Customer agrees that the use by Customer of any Service shall, without any further action or execution or acceptance of any documentation on the part of Customer, constitute Customer’s acceptance of and agreement to Bank’s terms and conditions for the use of such Service as may be in effect as of the time of such usage, whether set forth in this Agreement or otherwise prescribed by Bank. In order to activate the Service, you must have at least one Account with us linked to the Service.
Therefore, in consideration of the mutual promises contained herein and other good and valuable consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which is hereby acknowledged, you and Bank, intending to be legally bound, do hereby agree as follows:
Article I. Definitions.
The following terms and definitions apply when used in this Agreement.
- 1.1“Account” or “Accounts” means one or more checking, savings, money market deposit or loan account that you have with us.
- 1.2“Account Access” means your ability to access account and transaction information on Accounts and transfer funds between Accounts through the Internet.
- 1.3“Account Agreement” means the agreement between you and us that governs the use of your Account including the deposit account agreement, any funds availability agreement, electronic funds transfer agreement or disclosure, line of credit agreement, and our schedule of fees and charges.
- 1.4“Bill Payment Account” means the Account(s) you have authorized us to debit for payment made to Payee(s) in connection with the Online Banking Service.
- 1.5“Bill Payment Service” means our service that allows you to pay or transfer funds to designated Payees based upon your instructions to us, via personal computer, entered on the bill payment site.
- 1.6“Bill Payment” or “Payment” means the remittance of funds, initiated through Online Banking Service, from a Bill Payment Account to a Payee.
- 1.7“Business Day(s)” means 8:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. Pacific Time Monday through Friday. Federal Holidays are not included. Some online transaction deadlines may vary from this definition.
- 1.8“Deposit Account Agreement” has the meaning provided in Section 10.7.
- 1.9“Electronic” means electrical, digital, magnetic, wireless, optical or electromagnetic technology, or any other technology that entails similar capabilities.
- 1.10“Funds transfer” or “Transfer” means a transfer of funds, initiated through Online Banking Service, from one eligible account to another.
- 1.11“Online Banking” or “Service” means the service(s) described in this Agreement.
- 1.12“Password” means the confidential identification number or other code assigned to you by us or selected by you for identification purposes in connection with the use of our Online Banking Services.
- 1.13“Payee” means any individual, financial institution, educational institution, company, merchant or other entity you wish to pay using Online Banking Services.
- 1.14“PC” means personal computer (including any personal data assistant or other wireless access device) that meets the requirements for use of Online Banking Services.
- 1.15“Transfer Day” means Monday - Friday, no later than 5:00 p.m., Pacific Time (Standard or Daylight). Holidays are not included.
Other definitions may be set forth elsewhere in this Agreement.
Article II. Setup and Use of Online Access Services.
To have access to the Services you must be an authorized user of the Software you select, if required for use with the Equipment. You must also have at least one eligible deposit or loan account with us. If you have more than one Account or other relationship with us, we will “link” the Accounts together unless you request certain accounts not be linked. Accounts which are "linked" under the Services will have one common owner and signer. Any signer, acting alone, must be authorized to access a linked account. Any non-linked account will not be accessible through the Service. Upon enrollment in the Service, you must designate a User Name and Password (the User Name and Password collectively are referred to as the “Access Codes”), required to gain access to Online Banking. The password must be a combination of at least 6 alpha-numeric characters.
“Eligible Accounts” include the following:
- Checking (Demand Deposit) Accounts
- Savings Accounts
- Money Market Accounts
- Certificates of Deposit
The use of the Access Codes, in addition to other authentication methods described below, is a security procedure established by Bank to authenticate the identity of the person attempting to gain access to the Service. The security procedure is not designed for the detection of errors. We may require you to change your Access Codes from time to time for security reasons. You should keep your Access Codes in a secure location. Any person having access to your Access Codes will be able to access these Services and perform all transactions, including reviewing Account information and making Transfers to other Accounts and to other persons. You are responsible for safeguarding the Access Codes. Providing these Access Codes to another person effectively constitutes a grant of authority to access your accounts.
- 2.2.1You agree to comply with the “Security Procedures” and any other Security Procedures Bank directs you to use, and you acknowledge and agree that the Security Procedures, including (without limitation) any code, password, personal identification number, user identification technology, token, certificate, layered security, or other element, means, or method of authentication or identification used in connection with a Security Procedure (“Security Devices”), constitute commercially reasonable security procedures under applicable law for the initiation of the Services you utilize, including without limitation, transfers and access to confidential information. You authorize us to follow any and all instructions entered and transactions initiated using applicable Security Procedures unless and until you have notified us, according to notification procedures prescribed by us, that the Security Procedures or any Security Device has been stolen, compromised, or otherwise become known to persons other than you or your representative(s) and until we have had a reasonable opportunity to act upon such notice. You agree that the initiation of a transaction or instructions using applicable Security Procedures constitutes sufficient authorization for Bank to execute such transaction or instruction notwithstanding any particular designation by you of authorized persons or signature requirements identified on any signature card or other documents relating to this Agreement or your deposit account maintained with Bank, and you agree and intend that the submission of transactions and instructions using the Security Procedures shall be considered the same as your authorized written signature in authorizing us to execute such transaction or instruction. You acknowledge and agree that you shall be bound by any and all transactions initiated through the use of such Security Procedures, whether authorized or unauthorized, and by any and all transactions and activity otherwise initiated by you, to the fullest extent allowed by law. You further acknowledge and agree that the Security Procedures are not designed to detect error in the transmission or content of communications or transaction initiated by you and that you bear the sole responsibility for detecting and preventing such error.
- 2.2.2You agree to keep all Security Procedures and Security Devices protected, secure, and strictly confidential and to provide or make available the same only to your authorized representative(s). You agree not to disclose or provide any Security Procedures or Security Devices to any unauthorized person. Where you have the ability to change or modify a Security Device from time to time (e.g., a password or User Name), you agree to change Security Devices frequently in order to ensure the security of the Security Device, and in any event no less frequently than every six months. You agree to notify us immediately, according to notification procedures prescribed by us, if you believe that any Security Procedures or Security Device have been stolen, compromised, or otherwise become known to persons other than you or your authorized representative(s) or if you believe that any transaction or activity is unauthorized or in error. In the event of any actual or threatened breach of security, we may issue you a new Security Device or establish new Security Procedures as soon as reasonably practicable, but we shall not be liable to you or any third party for any delay in taking such actions.
- 2.2.3You agree to notify us immediately, according to notification procedures prescribed by us, if the authority of any authorized representative(s) shall change or be revoked. You shall recover and return to us any Security Devices in the possession of any of your authorized representative(s) whose authority to have the Security Device has been revoked.
- 2.2.4We reserve the right to modify, amend, supplement, or cancel any or all Security Procedures, and/or to cancel or replace any Security Device, at any time and from time to time in our discretion. We will endeavor to give you reasonable notice of any change in Security Procedures; provided that we may make any change in Security Procedures without advance notice to you if we, in our judgment and discretion, believe such change to be necessary or desirable to protect the security of our systems and assets. Your implementation and use of any changed Security Procedures after any change in Security Procedures shall constitute your agreement to the change and your agreement that the applicable Security Procedures, as changed, are commercially reasonable and adequate for the purposes intended.
Services are generally accessible 24 hours a day, seven days a week, except that the Services may be inaccessible for a reasonable period on a daily basis for system maintenance. We are not liable under this Agreement for failure to provide access due to a system failure or due to other unforeseen acts. We may modify, suspend, or terminate access to the Services at any time and for any reason without notice or refund of fees you have paid. The Bank may change the terms and conditions of this Agreement from time to time to conform with changes or advancements in our services, or as required by law or regulation. All such changes will be made according to the procedures outlined in Article IX. Use of Online Banking after the effective date of such changes will constitute your consent to the changes. You must log on to Online Banking at least once every 90 days. Failure to do so will result in your Account being removed from the Service, at which point you will have to re-enroll in Online Banking to regain access to the Service.
In order to use the Services, you must first obtain your own personal computer with Internet connection capability and related equipment (the “Hardware”). You also must provide the type of Internet access required by the Hardware and/or Software, which requires a web browser with Java scripting capabilities and 128-bit SSL encryption. Also recommended is an internet connection speed of 28.8 kbps or higher, Microsoft Internet Explorer® Version 7.0 or higher (for Windows), Mozilla Firefox® Version 3.0 or higher (for Windows) or Apple Safari® Version 1.0 or higher (for Mac OS). Once the Hardware has been properly connected and any required Internet access has been established, you will be able to access the Services’ website. You are and will remain solely responsible for the purchase, hookup, installation, loading, operation and maintenance of the Hardware, Software, and the Internet access service to your PC, and for all related costs. You are solely responsible for virus protection and maintenance of your PC. Bank shall have no responsibility for failures, interruption or other defects in the Services, which are occasioned by incompatible, improperly installed or improperly maintained hardware and software. The Bank may add to, modify, or replace software programs used in conjunction with providing the Services under this Agreement at its sole discretion and without notice, provided Services rendered to you are not substantially negatively affected or obligations altered.
Article III. Consumer Online Access Services.
Customers may use the Services to:
- Make transfers between Accounts you may have with us.
- Make Payments to a Payee from your Account(s) (Bill Payment Service).
- Obtain Account balances. Your account balance is generally current as of 8:30 a.m. Pacific Time (Standard or Daylight) of each Business Day and balances are updated as transactions are processed, but there may be some delay and balances may not include current transactions (such as checks cashed at a teller on the Business Day). In addition, your account balance may show funds that have been credited to your account but are not yet available for withdrawal.
- Review recent transactions on your Accounts. (Note: histories of recent transactions generally extend for the current and previous account statement periods).
- Transfer money to make loan payments.
- Transfer money from Line of Credit to transactional accounts.
- Communicate directly with Bank via the Online Banking secure message center.
- Download account information in various formats for use with certain financial software programs and/or spreadsheets. (Note: we are not responsible for the accuracy of data or for its integration with financial software)
- Issue stop payment orders.
- View check images.
- Make transfers between Accounts you may have with us and Accounts you have with other Financial Institutions (Bank-to-Bank Transfer Service).
- Set-up and receive Account Alerts.
- View Account statements.
These activities are limited to the extent noted herein and in the agreements governing your various accounts with us.
Additional services may be included in an update to this Agreement or in other separate agreements to notify you of the existence of any new services available through Online Banking. Information about new services may be obtained from our website at www.pmbank.com. By using these services when they become available, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions contained in this Agreement or separate agreements covering these services.
In most cases you may use Online Banking to gain access to deposit accounts in which you have an unrestricted right to withdraw funds. However, the Bank, as it may determine at any time and from time to time in its sole discretion, may deny Online Banking account access, restrict Online Banking account transactions, or place limits on the specific dollar amount of funds that may be withdrawn or transferred from any account.
You acknowledge and agree that the Service is provided by an independent third party service provider (“Vendor”) as selected by Bank, and that both the Vendor and the Service are subject to change from time to time without notice to you. You further acknowledge, agree, and stipulate that the Vendor is an independent contractor providing software and data transmission services and is not the agent of you or Bank. Neither the Bank nor the Vendor is responsible for the actions or omissions of the other.
3.5Consumer Disclosure Provisions.
To the extent a transaction is an “electronic fund transfer” under Federal Reserve Board Regulation E, tell us AT ONCE if you believe your Password has been lost or stolen, or if you believe that an Online Banking transaction has been made without your permission using information from your check. Telephoning is the best way of keeping your possible losses down. Call us at 866-450-5600 or write to us at Pacific Mercantile Bank, Attn: Central Operations, 949 South Coast Drive, Third Floor, Costa Mesa, CA 92626. You could lose all the money in your account (plus your maximum overdraft line of credit). If you tell us within two (2) Business Days after you learn of the loss, theft, or unauthorized transaction, you can lose no more than $50.00 if someone used your Access Code or made a transaction without your authorization.
If you do NOT tell us within two (2) Business Days after you learn of the loss, theft, or unauthorized transaction, and we can prove we could have stopped someone from using your Access Code or the Service without your authorization if you had told us, you could lose as much as $500.00. Also, if your statement shows a transaction that you did not make or authorize, tell us at once. If you do not tell us within sixty (60) days after the statement was mailed, electronically transmitted, or otherwise made available to you, you may not get back any money you lost after the 60 days if we can prove that we could have stopped someone from taking the money if you had told us in time.
If a good reason (such as a long trip or hospital stay) kept you from telling us, we will extend the time periods as may be reasonable under the circumstances.
- 3.5.2Bank’s Failure to Complete Transactions.
To the extent that a Service transaction is an “electronic fund transfer” under Federal Reserve Board Regulation E that relates to an Account established primarily for personal, family, or household purposes, if we do not properly complete a transfer to or from your Account on time or in the correct amount according to the terms of this Agreement, we will be liable for your losses or damages. However, we will not be liable (and any payment guarantee provided elsewhere in this Agreement will not be applicable) if any of the following occurs:
- Through no fault of ours, you do not have sufficient collected funds in the Account to complete the transaction;
- The transaction would exceed the credit limit on any overdraft line of credit linked to the Account;
- Your PC, Internet service provider, telephone line, modem, or other equipment is not operating properly;
- The Service is not working properly and you were aware of the malfunction when you initiated the transaction;
- You do not properly follow the instructional materials provided in connection with Online Banking;
- You do not authorize a Payment within a sufficient period of time for your Payment to be received by the payee by the due date;
- You have not provided us with the correct Payee name, address, account information, Payment amount, or other instructions necessary to complete the Payment, or the foregoing instructions stored on your PC's hard drive or the host system have been lost;
- A Payee mishandles or delays the handling of Payments sent by us;
- Your funds are held or frozen, or a court order or other legal process prevents us from making a transaction;
- Your Access Code has been reported lost or stolen;
- We have reason to believe that a transaction has not been properly authorized or authenticated, or is fraudulent, erroneous, or illegal;
- You have exceeded the limitations on frequency of transactions or dollar amount of transactions applicable to the Service or the Account;
- Your telephone service has been disconnected or there are deficiencies in the quality of your telephone line;
- Circumstances beyond our control (such as telecommunication or electrical outages and malfunctions, postal strikes or delays, computer system failures, or natural disasters) prevent the transaction;
- Making a transfer would cause us to violate any law, rule, or regulation to which we are subject; or
- Any failure on our part was not intentional and resulted from a bona fide error notwithstanding procedures to avoid such error, except for actual damages (which do not include indirect, incidental, special, or consequential damages).
There may be other exceptions to liability stated in this Agreement, or in other agreements we have with you, or otherwise provided by applicable law.
- 3.5.3Error Resolution.
In Case of Errors or Questions About Your Electronic Transfers, telephone us, write us at or E-mail us at the number or location provided in Section 10.6 as soon as you can if you think that your statement is wrong or you need more information about a transaction listed on your statement or appearing on the account activity screen of your PC, we must hear from you no later than sixty (60) days after we sent the FIRST statement on which the problem or error appeared or you received notification of the problem or error on your PC. You must:
- Tell us your name and the Account number.
- Describe the error or the transaction you are unsure about, and explain as clearly as you can why you believe it is an error or why you need more information.
- Tell us the dollar amount of the suspected error.
If you tell us orally, we may require that you send us your complaint or question in writing within ten (10) Business Days. We will determine whether an error occurred within ten (10) Business Days (twenty (20) Business Days for transactions that have occurred within 30 days after the first deposit to the account) after we hear from you and will correct any error promptly. If we require more time, however, we may take up to forty-five (45) days (ninety (90) days for point-of-sale transactions, transactions initiated outside the United States, or transactions that have occurred within 30 days after the first deposit to the account) to investigate your complaint or question. If this additional time is necessary, and your written notification has been received by us, we will credit your account within ten (10) Business Days (twenty (20) Business Days for transactions that have occurred within 30 days after the first deposit to the account) for the amount you think is in error, so that you will have the use of the money during the time it takes us to complete our investigation. If we ask you to put your complaint or question in writing and we do not receive it within ten (10) Business Days (twenty (20) Business Days for transactions that have occurred within 30 days after the first deposit to the account), we will not credit your account and we will still have up to forty-five (45) days (ninety (90) days for point-of-sale transactions, transactions initiated outside the United States, or transactions that have occurred within 30 days after the first deposit to the account) for our investigation.
We will tell you the results within three (3) Business Days after completing our investigation. If we decide that there was no error, we will send you a written explanation. You may ask for copies of the documents that we used in our investigation.
Article IV. Additional Information about the Services.
Transfers and Payments from your Account will be deducted on the date you instruct us to process them. If the date you schedule a Transfer or Payment falls on a weekend or holiday, we will process your transaction the previous Transfer Day. We may refuse to act on your Transfer instructions or Payment request if sufficient funds, including funds available under any overdraft protection plan, are not available in your Account on the date you want us to make the Transfer or Payment.
4.2Processing Fund Transfers.
We can process a Transfer no later than 5:00 p.m., Pacific Time (Standard or Daylight) on a Transfer Day. If you request a Transfer after the cutoff time, the Transfer will be processed the following Transfer Day. If you schedule a Transfer for a future date, we will process the transaction after the close of business on that date, if that day is a Transfer Day.
You are fully obligated to us to provide sufficient funds for any payments or transfers you make or authorize to be made. If we complete a payment or transfer that you make or authorize and we subsequently learn that you have insufficient funds for the transaction, you agree that we may reverse the transaction or offset the shortage with funds from any other deposit account(s) you have with us to the extent permissible by the applicable law and the terms of any other relevant agreements.
If there are insufficient funds in your Account to make a Transfer or Payment, we will refuse to make the Transfer or Payment. In such event, you are responsible for any non sufficient funds (“NSF”) charges that may apply.
4.3Canceling Transfers or Payments.
You may cancel a pending Transfer or Payment transaction. However, to do so, we must receive your instruction to cancel prior to the cutoff time on the Transfer Day the transaction is scheduled to be processed. If we don't receive your instruction to cancel a transaction before that time, we may process the transaction.
4.4Transfer(s) from Savings/Money Market Deposit Accounts.
Federal regulations require us to limit, either by contract or in practice, the number of certain types of transfers from savings and money market deposit accounts. You are limited to six (6) preauthorized electronic fund transfers per month. Each fund transfer through these Services from your savings or money market deposit account is counted as one of the six (6) transfers permitted each calendar month. However, payments to your loan accounts with us are not counted toward this transfer limit for savings/money market deposit accounts.
4.5Electronic Communications and Notifications.
The Bank will not immediately receive e-mail that you send. Therefore, you should not rely on e-mail if you need to communicate to the Bank immediately. For example, if you need to stop payment on a check, to report a lost or stolen card, or to report an unauthorized transaction from one of your accounts, you should contact the Bank immediately by calling the Online Banking Department (see Section 10.6). The Bank will not take actions based on your e-mail requests until the Bank actually receives your message and has a reasonable opportunity to act. Please see additional information regarding e-mails located in Section 10.1.
You may have the ability to set up an "Account Alert," which is a convenience feature that permits you to request a notification of specific situations. For example, you can request an Account Notification when an Account has reached a certain balance or check has been processed. You are responsible to input accurate information to set up the Account Alert. Account Alerts do not replace standard communications received from us concerning your Accounts. We are not responsible for any losses, damages or expenses that may occur if an Account Notification is not set up properly or is not processed as a result of factors beyond our reasonable control. You agree to keep your e-mail address up to date, using the Service.
You may communicate with us using the Secure Messaging feature offered as part of the Service. You agree not to use this feature to conduct transactions on an Account, to seek to accomplish any of the available services listed in Section 3.1, or to provide us with instructions or notice. We may post messages for you in the secure location of our website. We may also use e-mail to notify you that a new message has been posted. After you log in, you agree to review all messages. You agree to keep your e-mail address up to date, using the Service. You will be deemed to have "received" the message upon receipt and opening of the e-mail message, or by the next business day after we post it to the website and send you a notification of availability, whichever occurs earliest.
We may not immediately receive messages that you send and we will not take action based on any requests until we actually receive your message and have had a reasonable opportunity to act. Therefore, you should not rely on secure messaging if you need our immediate attention. In such cases, you should contact the Bank immediately by calling the Online Banking Department (see Section 10.6). For example, if you need to report an unauthorized transaction from one of your Accounts, you should call us to ensure prompt action on your request.
4.6Overdrafts: Order of Payments, Transfers, and Other Withdrawals.
If funds are withdrawn from any of your accounts by means of electronic funds transfers, other than through Online Banking on the same business day as an Online Banking transaction, and if the account contains insufficient funds to enable both the electronic funds transfer and the Online Banking transfer to be made, then the electronic funds transfer will have priority and the Online Banking transfer will be refused or will result in an overdraft on your account. This is at the Bank's sole discretion.
4.7Bill Payment Service.
4.7.1You can arrange, at your option, for the payment of your current, future and recurring bills from your designated Bill Pay Account. You may be required separately to enroll in the Bill Payment Service. For Bill Payment Service, your Payee list may include utility companies, merchants, financial institutions, insurance companies, individuals, etc. within the United States whom you wish to pay through Bill Payment Service. Please include the full name of the Payee and a complete mailing address and telephone number for each Payee, along with your account number with the Payee, the amount of the Payment, and whether the Payment is recurring. The Bank reserves the right to decline to make Payments to certain persons and entities. You agree that any Payment for taxes, Payments that are court-ordered, government payments and Payments outside of the United States are prohibited and you agree that you will not attempt to use the Service to make these types of Payments. On recurring Payments, it is the responsibility of the account owner or designated authorized users to update Payee account information such as address changes, account numbers, etc.
Payments are posted against your ledger balance, plus the available credit on your overdraft protection, if any, or other line of credit.
4.7.2You may schedule Payments to be initiated on the current Business Day, on a future date, or on the same date of each month. If you are scheduling a Payment for the current day it must be initiated prior to 5:00 p.m. Changes to previously scheduled Payments must be made before 5:00 p.m. Pacific Time the Business Day before the day it is to be initiated. If the transaction shows an (IN PROCESS) status, then the Payment cannot be modified or deleted. Although you can enter Payment information through the Service twenty-four (24) hours a day, seven (7) days a week, the Bank only initiates on Business Days. Funds must be available in your Account on the scheduled payment date. After funds are withdrawn from your Account to make a Payment, we may make the Payment either by transferring funds electronically to the Payee or by mailing the Payee a check. Funds will be deducted from your account (whether we make these Payments electronically or by check) on: (a) the Business Day we process the Bill Pay request, if you schedule a Payment for processing the same Business Day as the day of receipt by us of that request; and (b) the Business Day immediately preceding the date you schedule a Payment for processing, if the bill payment is future dated (that is, set by you for processing on a future date) If you direct the initiation of a Payment to occur on a day other than a Business Day, it will be initiated on the previous Business Day. The Bill Payment Service will indicate whether a Payee is paid electronically or by check.
When you create a new Payee in the Bill Payment service, it has a temporary status until we have had sufficient time to set up the account, and for your business Payees, verify information about your account. You should schedule a Payment to a new Payee at least ten (10) Business Days before any Payment due date, to allow us time to set up the Payee and verify information about your account with the Payee. Bank is not liable for any service fees or late charges levied against you due to postal delays or processing delays by the Payee. There is no limit on the number of Payees or number of Payments that may be authorized. The maximum per Payment amount is $9,999. Electronic Payments are subject to the availability of sufficient funds in the designated checking account. However, Bank reserves the right to impose limits at some future date, with proper written notice. You acknowledge and agree that if you describe a Payee inconsistently by name and account number, scheduled Bill Payment transactions to the Payee will occur on the basis of the account number, even if it identifies a person other than the named Payee.
For all subsequent Payments, you agree to allow at least five (5) to eight (8) Business Days between the date you schedule a Payment to be initiated and the Payment due date (that is, the due date shown on your invoice or provided in your agreement with the payee, not taking into account any applicable grace period). If you do not, you will be fully responsible for all late fees, finance charges or other actions taken by the Payee. For scheduling purposes, the first Business Day after we receive your Bill Payment request should be counted as Day 1. If you schedule your Payment and follow all instructions provided, and the Payment is not received by the Payee in a timely manner, a representative of Bank will work with the Payee on your behalf to have any late fees or charges reversed.
You are responsible for any loss or penalty that you may incur due to a lack of sufficient funds or other conditions that may prevent the withdrawal of funds from your account. Bill Payments made by paper checks processed by nonaffiliated third parties may show as drawn on the third party processor or its bank rather than on you or on us. If your Bill Payment is sent by check and the check is not presented for payment within 90 days, we may stop payment on the check. If we do so, we may delay crediting the check amount to your Account. You agree to reimburse us if the check is later cleared and payment occurs, notwithstanding our stop payment of the check.
- 4.7.3If Payment is to be made electronically and your Account does not have sufficient funds to make a Payment as of the date the transfer or Payment is attempted or scheduled to be made, the Transfer or Payment will be canceled and no further attempt will be made by Bank to make the Transfer or Payment. Bank shall have no obligation or liability if it does not complete a Transfer or Payment because there are insufficient funds in your account to process a transaction. In all cases, you are responsible for either making alternate arrangements for the Payment or rescheduling the Payment through the Service. In the case of recurring Payments, only the Payment currently scheduled will be canceled. Recurring Payments schedule for future dates will not be affected.
4.7.4Recurring Payments and Transfers are those made for the same amount, on the same date, on a weekly, bi-monthly, monthly basis, etc. Once started, recurring Payments and Transfers will be made automatically until you delete the Payment or Transfer or upon expiration. If the Payment is not a recurring Payment, it will be a “one-time Payment.” One-time Payments do not recur and are not made until you enter the Payee and amount of the current bill and submit the Payment. A recurring Bill Payment Service transaction that you want deleted must be deleted or the next Payment date changed by 5:00 p.m. Pacific Time on the Business Day before the current transaction date.
A stop payment cannot be placed on an Electronic Bill Payment transaction once issued. However, a stop payment can be placed on a Bill Payment transaction by Bill Payment check any time prior to 5:00 p.m. Pacific Time on the day such check is scheduled for final payment.
There is no fee for deleting a Payment initiated through Bill Payment; however a fee may apply for a stop on a Bill Payment check.
In the event a Payment is returned to us for any reason, you authorize us, in our sole and absolute discretion, to either research and correct the Payment information or to void the Payment and re-credit your Account.
- 4.7.5If you do not schedule or process a Payment via the Bill Payment Service for any three (3) month period, we may terminate your Bill Payment Service. If you close your Bill Payment Account, or if we terminate your Bill Payment Service, your online bill payment information will be lost and all pending payments will be cancelled. If you decide to terminate the Bill Payment Service, you agree to cancel all future bill payments at the same time that you cancel your Bill Payment Service, either by deleting those payments yourself using the Bill Payment Service or by calling us at the number provided in Section 10.6. This will ensure that future payments made by you will not be duplicated. We will automatically delete all outstanding payment orders (all one-time Payments and all Recurring Payments) once your Bill Payment Service has been terminated. Termination of the Bill Payment Service will not automatically close your Accounts and will not affect your obligations arising from past Bill Payment transactions.
4.8Bank-to-Bank Transfer Service.
- 4.8.1Within Online Banking you may access the Bank-to-Bank Transfer Service. This Service allows you to transfer funds between your linked personal deposit accounts at Bank and certain deposit accounts at other financial institutions (“External Account(s)”). An inbound transfer moves funds into an account at the Bank from an External Account. An outbound transfer moves funds from an account at the Bank to an External Account. You will need to enroll each of your External Accounts that you wish to use for this Service. You agree that you will only enroll External Accounts for which you have the authority to transfer funds into (credit) and out of (debit). All External Accounts requested to be used as part of this Service will be verified in accordance with Bank procedures. The verification process must be completed by you prior to using the Service. You will have 7 days after enrolling an External Account to complete the verification process. Verification instructions are displayed to you during the enrollment process.
- 4.8.2If transferring funds from (outbound) your savings or money market account(s), you are limited to six pre-authorized transfers per statement cycle, for more information on these accounts, please refer to your account agreement. Each transfer made using the Bank-to-Bank Transfer Service is counted as one of the six limited transfers you're permitted each statement period. However, transfers to (inbound) your savings or money market account(s) are not counted toward this limit.
- 4.8.3Outbound transfers made from your Bank account will be debited on the day the transfer is made. You should allow 1-3 business days for the External Account to receive the transfer credit. For money being transferred to your Bank account, you should allow 1-3 business days for the money to be debited from the External Account and 2-3 business days for the transfer to credit to your Bank account. The cut off time for initiating a transfer is 4:00 p.m. Pacific Time (Standard or Daylight). Funds requested to be transferred will be debited/credited to the External Account according to the receiving bank's availability and transaction processing schedule.
- 4.8.4Requests for immediate transfers of funds cannot be cancelled. Future dated and recurring transfers can be canceled before the cutoff time the day before the transaction is scheduled to be processed.
- 4.8.5There is a fee associated with the Bank-to-Bank Transfer Service. Refer to the Bank's Schedule of Fees, which can be accessed through our website at www.pmbank.com, for the current fee applicable to the Bank-to-Bank Transfer Service.
Article V. Limitations.
Your use of these Services is subject to the following limitations:
There may be a limit on the dollar amount of the transactions you can make using these Services. Security reasons limit the dollar amount of transactions and these limits are subject to change from time to time. Payment can only be made with U.S. currency.
In addition to the Federal banking regulations that restrict the number of transfers and withdrawals, there may be limits on the number of transactions you can make using these Services. These limits are for security reasons and are subject to change.
No Payments may be made to Payees outside the United States.
Additional limitations may be contained in this Agreement. Your ability to initiate transactions may also be limited by the terms of other agreements you have with the Bank or by applicable law.
Article VI. Parties’ Responsibilities.
6.1.1Physical and Electronic Security.
- You are solely responsible for providing for and maintaining the physical, electronic, procedural, administrative, and technical security of data and systems in your possession or under your control. We are not responsible for any computer viruses (including, without limitation, programs commonly referred to as “malware,” “keystroke loggers,” and/or “spyware”), problems or malfunctions resulting from any computer viruses, or any related problems that may be associated with the use of an online system. Any material downloaded or otherwise obtained is obtained at your own discretion and risk, and Bank is not responsible for any damage to your computer or operating systems or for loss of data that results from the download of any such material, whether due to any computer virus or otherwise. You are solely responsible for maintaining and applying anti-virus software, security patches, firewalls, and other security measures with respect to your operating systems, and for protecting, securing, and backing up any data and information stored in or on your operating systems. Bank is not responsible for any errors or failures resulting from defects in or malfunctions of any software installed on your operating systems.
- You acknowledge and agree that it is your responsibility to protect yourself and to be vigilant against e-mail fraud and other internet frauds and schemes (including, without limitation, fraud commonly referred to as “phishing” or “pharming”). You acknowledge that Bank will never contact you by e-mail in order to ask for or to verify Account numbers, Security Devices, or any sensitive or confidential information, and will never provide links to websites in e-mails that Bank transmits to you. In the event you receive an e-mail or other electronic communication that you believe, or has reason to believe, is fraudulent, you agree that you shall not respond to the e-mail, provide any information to the e-mail sender, click on any links in the e-mail, or otherwise comply with any instructions in the e-mail. To the extent allowed by law, you agree that Bank is not responsible for any losses, injuries, or harm incurred by you as a result of any electronic, e-mail, or internet fraud.
- In the event of a breach of the Security Procedure, you agree to assist Bank in determining the manner and source of the breach. Such assistance shall include, but shall not be limited to, providing Bank or Bank's agent access to your hard drive, storage media and devices, systems and any other equipment or device that was used in breach of the Security Procedure. You further agree to provide to Bank any analysis of such equipment, device, or software or any report of such analysis performed by you, your agents, law enforcement agencies, or any other third party. Your failure to assist Bank shall be an admission by you that the breach of the Security Procedure was caused by a person who obtained access to your transmitting facilities or who obtained information facilitating the breach of the Security Procedure from you and not from a source controlled by Bank.
6.1.2Reporting Unauthorized Transactions.
You should notify us immediately if you believe your User Name or Password have been lost or stolen, that someone has gained access to the Security Procedure, or that someone has transferred or may transfer money from your Account without your permission or if you suspect any fraudulent activity on your Account. To notify us, call us at the number provided in Section 10.6 during a Business Day. You should refer to Section 3.5.1 for additional information regarding unauthorized transactions.
6.1.3Duty to Inspect.
You shall inspect all transaction history, reports, journals, and other material evidencing the output of the Service(s) performed by Bank. You must report all errors to the Bank for Services performed and indicated in the transaction history, reports, journals, and other material evidencing the output of the Service(s) or otherwise reported to you daily by the close of business on the banking day following the day on which the Service(s) is rendered. You must report all other errors within a reasonable time not to exceed thirty (30) days from the date that the error is made. Failure of you to promptly report errors within such specified time shall preclude you from asserting against the Bank any claims arising from the error or any loss caused by the error.
Bank may from time to time request information from you in order to evaluate a continuation of the Service(s) to be provided by Bank hereunder and/or adjustment of any limits set by this Agreement. You agree to provide the requested financial information immediately upon request by Bank, in the form required by Bank. If you refuse to provide the requested financial information, or if Bank concludes in its sole discretion that the credit risk of you is unacceptable, Bank may terminate the Service according to the provisions hereof. You authorize Bank to investigate or reinvestigate at any time any information provided by you in connection with this Agreement or any Services and to request reports from credit bureaus and reporting agencies for such purpose.
You shall deliver or transmit all data or information to Bank by the deadline(s) specified in this Agreement. Bank shall have no obligation to process data or perform the Service if the data is not received by the Bank by the specified deadline.
6.1.6Payment for Services.
- You agree to pay Bank the fees established by Bank for rendering the Services under the terms of this Agreement. Depending on which Online Banking services you subscribe to, you will be charged the applicable Online Banking fees as set forth in our General Information and Fee Schedule hereby incorporated by reference and made a part hereof. Once you have subscribed, you will be charged the applicable Monthly Fee(s) whether or not you use Online Banking.
- The Bank may change or add any fees for Online Banking by the procedures outlined in Article IX for amending this Agreement. Fees charged for Online Banking under this Agreement are in addition to any service charges or fees that apply to your accounts with us.
- You authorize the Bank to deduct all applicable Monthly Fees from the Primary Account you have specified. If you close the Primary Account, you must notify us and identify a new Primary Account for the selected services, and unless and/or until you notify us and identify a new Primary Account, fees may be deducted from any other account you maintain with us or any of our affiliates. Furthermore, Bank may setoff against any amount it owes to you in order to obtain payment of your obligations under this Agreement.
- In addition to the Service fees, you agree to pay for all taxes, tariffs and assessments levied or imposed by any government agency in connection with the Service, this Agreement, and/or the software or equipment made available to you (excluding any income tax payable by Bank). You are also responsible for the costs of any communication lines and any data processing charges payable to third parties.
6.2The Bank's Responsibilities.
Bank agrees to use ordinary care in rendering Services under this Agreement. You recognize and agree that ordinary care does not mean error free. You agree to pay all attorneys' fees, costs and expenses Bank may incur in collecting any sums you owe to Bank for overdrafts, service charges or otherwise or in enforcing any rights Bank may have under the terms of this Agreement or applicable law, rule or regulation applicable to your account(s) or the Services rendered by Bank under this Agreement. You also agree to pay all attorneys' fees, costs and expenses that Bank may incur as the result of defending any claim or action made against Bank by you or on your behalf where Bank is found not to be liable for such claim. In no event shall Bank be liable to you for attorneys' fees incurred by you in any action brought by you against Bank.
Our sole responsibility for an error in a transfer will be to correct the error. Without limiting the generality of the forgoing, we will not be responsible for the following matters, or for errors or failures of our Services as result of:
We will not be liable under this Agreement for failure to provide access or for interruptions in access to our Services due to a system failure or due to other unforeseen acts or circumstances.
6.2.2Your Computer Equipment & Your Software.
We will not be responsible for any errors or failures from any malfunction of your computer or any computer virus or other problems related to your computer equipment used with our Services.
We are not responsible for any error, damages or other loss you may suffer due to malfunction or misapplication of any system you use, including your browser (Mozilla Firefox®, Microsoft Internet Explorer®, or otherwise), your Internet service provider, your personal financial management or other software (such as Quicken® or Microsoft Money®), or any equipment you may use (including your telecommunications facilities, computer hardware and modem) to access or communicate with the Online Banking Services.
6.2.3Any Transaction or instruction.
We will not honor a request for a Transfer if:
(a) it exceeds your collected and available funds on deposit with the Bank; (b) it is not in accordance with any condition indicated by you and agreed to by the Bank; (c) the Bank has reason to believe it may not be authorized by you; (d) it involves funds subject to hold, dispute, or legal process preventing their withdrawal; (e) it would violate any provision of any present or future risk control program of the Federal Reserve or any current or future rule or regulation of any other federal or state regulatory authority; (f) it is not in accordance with any other requirement stated in this Agreement or any Bank policy, procedure or practice; or, (g) it is for the protection of the Bank or you, the Bank has reasonable cause not to honor.
Article VII. Privacy/Information Sharing.
Article VIII. Termination.
8.1Termination Upon Written Notice.
Either you or the Bank may terminate this Agreement and your Online Banking subscription at any time upon giving at least ten (10) days prior written notice of the termination to the other party. If you terminate Online Banking, you authorize the Bank to continue making transfers you have previously authorized and continue to charge monthly fees until such time as the Bank has had a reasonable opportunity to act upon your termination notice. Once the Bank has acted upon your termination notice, the Bank will make no further transfers from your accounts, including any transfers you have previously authorized. If the Bank terminates your use of Online Banking, the Bank reserves the right to make no further transfers from your accounts, including any transactions you have previously authorized.
Notwithstanding Section 8.1, Bank may immediately terminate this Agreement without notice if, (a) you or we close your Account(s), or (b) in Bank's sole discretion, Bank determines that you have abused the Online Banking Service or Bank believes that it will suffer a loss or other damage if the Agreement is not terminated.
Bank's election to terminate this Agreement is in addition to any and all other remedies that may be available to Bank and will not affect any obligations you may have to Bank. Any reinstatement of the Service under this Agreement will be at Bank's sole discretion and must be agreed upon in writing by an authorized representative of Bank.
8.4Rights/Duties Upon Termination.
Upon termination of this Agreement, any property or rights of a party in the possession of the other party, tangible or intangible, shall be returned to owner thereof within thirty (30) days after the later to occur of (i) termination of the Agreement or (ii) the last date that such party receives any such property or rights.
Upon termination of this Agreement, (i) you will promptly pay to Bank all sums due or to become due under this Agreement, and (ii) you shall have no further right to make use of the Service or any system or software which may have been provided in connection with the Service.
Article IX. Changes in Terms and other Amendments.
Where the EFTA and REG E apply, the Bank may amend this Agreement at any time by sending notice to you by mail or, to the extent permitted by law, by e-mail or electronic communication through Online Banking, at least 21 days before the effective date of the amendment. Where the EFTA and REG E apply, notice is always required if the change would result in:
- Increased fees for you;
- Increased liability for you;
- Fewer types of available electronic fund transfers; or
- Stricter limitations on the frequency of dollar amount of transfers.
If the EFTA and REG E apply, we are not required to give notice if an immediate change in terms or conditions is necessary to maintain or restore the security of an account or an electronic fund transfer system. However, if such a change is permanent, and disclosure would not jeopardize security, we will notify you in writing on or with the next regularly scheduled periodic statement or within 30 days of making the change permanent. Such notices will also be published on the Bank's web site.
If the EFTA and REG E do not apply to a particular transaction, and other state or federal laws do not specify any notice or other requirements for an amendment, we will decide what kind of notice (if any) we will give you and the method of providing any such notice.
Your continued use of Online Banking is your agreement to any amendments of the Agreement, including the Instructions as may be amended from time to time.
Article X. Other Provisions.
We may deliver to you any required disclosures and other notices concerning these Services or your Accounts by e mail or other appropriate electronic means in accordance with Bank's Electronic Statement Delivery Authorization and Agreement.
You may use e mail to contact us about inquiries, maintenance and/or some problem resolution issues. E mail may not be a secure method of communication. Thus we recommend you do not send confidential personal or financial information by e mail. Likewise, for your security, we do not accept instructions for the operation of your Accounts by e-mail. We also do not communicate with you through e-mail except as provided in this Section 10.1 and in Section 4.5. There may be times when you need to speak with someone immediately (especially to report a lost or stolen Password, or to stop a payment). In these cases, do not use email. Instead, you should call us at the number provided in Section 10.6.
10.2Hours of Operation.
Our representatives are available to assist you from the hours of 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Pacific Time (Standard or Daylight), Monday through Friday, except holidays, by calling the number provided in Section 10.6.
10.3Ownership of Website.
The content, information and offers on our website are copyrighted by Bank and/or Vendor and the unauthorized use, reproduction, linking or distribution of any portions is strictly prohibited. You agree not to copy, display, distribute, download, license, sub-license, modify, publish, repost, reproduce, reuse, sell, transmit, create a derivative work from or otherwise use for public or commercial purposes, the information and materials on the Sites, except as provided in this Agreement, without our express written permission. Unless otherwise noted, all other trademarks, service marks, and logos used on the Bank's sites are the trademarks, service marks or logos of Bank, or others as indicated.
The Services described in this Agreement and any application for credit, deposit services, and brokerage services available at our web site are solely offered to citizens and residents of the United States of America residing within the United States of America. Citizens and residents may not be able to access these Services outside the United States of America.
In case of questions about your electronic transactions contact customer service at:
Phone (toll free): 866.450.5600
Secure Email: Secure E-Mail System
Pacific Mercantile Bank
Attn: Central Operations
949 South Coast Drive, Third Floor
Costa Mesa, CA 92626
10.7Deposite Account Agreement.
You acknowledge and agree that your demand deposit account maintained with Bank is an integral part of the Services offered by Bank and that all transactions and Services initiated or processed pursuant to this Agreement are subject to the terms and conditions of the rules, regulations and agreement ("Deposit Account Agreement") governing accounts in effect from time to time between you and Bank. The Deposit Account Agreement is expressly incorporated herein by reference. The terms and conditions of this Agreement shall control over any inconsistent terms and conditions of the Deposit Account Agreement. You acknowledge that you have signed and executed all agreements, resolutions, signature cards and forms governing your demand deposit account required by Bank. If you have not signed the foregoing forms required by Bank, by signing this Agreement, you acknowledge that you have read the contents of and agree to be bound by the terms of those forms, agreements and documents, and adopt and ratify, as an authorized signatory(s), the signature(s) of any person(s) who has signed a signature card or any check on your account. You also agree to establish all accounts that must be opened in conjunction with the Service provided by Bank.
The effective date of this Agreement shall be the date upon which the Agreement is executed by you and accepted by Bank.
For any Service(s) described in the Agreement utilizing the Internet, Bank does not and cannot control the flow of data to or from Bank's network and other portions of the Internet. Such flow depends in large part on the performance of Internet Services provided or controlled by third parties. Actions or inactions of such third parties can impair or disrupt your connections to the Internet (or portions thereof). Bank cannot guarantee that such events will not occur. Accordingly, Bank disclaims any and all liability resulting from or related to such events and in no event shall Bank be liable for any damages (whether in contract or in tort) that are attributable to the public Internet infrastructure, your ability to connect to the Internet, or Bank's ability to connect to the Internet on your behalf.
10.10Limitation of Liability.
10.10.1YOU AGREE THAT BANK SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE TO YOU OR TO ANY OTHER PARTY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT, SPECIAL EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE USE BY YOU OF ANY SERVICE EVEN IF YOU, BANK OR BANK'S SERVICE PROVIDER HAVE BEEN SPECIFICALLY ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
10.10.2TO THE FULLEST EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW, BANK'S LIABILITY TO YOU UNDER THIS AGREEMENT SHALL BE LIMITED TO CORRECTING ERRORS RESULTING FROM BANK'S FAILURE TO EXERCISE ORDINARY CARE OR TO ACT IN GOOD FAITH.
10.10.3YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES SHALL BE AT YOUR SOLE RISK AND THAT THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED BY BANK ON AN “AS IS” BASIS.
10.10.4EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY SET FORTH IN THIS AGREEMENT, BANK MAKES NO, AND HEREBY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL, REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN LAW OR IN FACT, WHATSOEVER TO YOU OR TO ANY OTHER PERSON AS TO THE SERVICES OR ANY ASPECT THEREOF, INCLUDING (WITHOUT LIMITATION) ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, QUALITY, ACCURACY, OR SUITABILITY. YOU AGREE THAT NO ORAL OR WRITTEN ADVICE OR REPRESENTATION OBTAINED FROM ANY BANK EMPLOYEE OR REPRESENTATIVE SHALL CREATE A WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION FOR PURPOSES OF THIS AGREEMENT OR ANY SERVICES TO BE PERFORMED PURSUANT HERETO.
10.10.5BANK MAKES NO REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, TO YOU AS TO ANY COMPUTER HARDWARE, SOFTWARE, OR EQUIPMENT USED IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEMS OR RELATED EQUIPMENT, YOUR SOFTWARE, OR YOUR INTERNET SERVICE PROVIDER OR ITS EQUIPMENT), OR AS TO THE SUITABILITY OR COMPATIBILITY OF BANK'S SOFTWARE, INTERNET DELIVERED SERVICE, EQUIPMENT OR COMMUNICATION INTERFACES WITH THOSE THAT YOU USE, OR AS TO WHETHER ANY SOFTWARE OR INTERNET DELIVERED SERVICE WILL PERFORM IN AN UNINTERRUPTED MANNER, INCLUDING (BUT NOT LIMITED TO) ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
10.10.6BANK SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY ERRORS OR FAILURES RESULTING FROM DEFECTS IN OR MALFUNCTIONS OF YOUR COMPUTER HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE, FOR THE QUALITY OF PERFORMANCE OR LACK OF PERFORMANCE OF ANY COMPUTER SOFTWARE OR HARDWARE OR INTERNET DELIVERED SERVICES SUPPLIED BY BANK TO YOU IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT, OR FOR THE TRANSMISSION OR FAILURE OF TRANSMISSION OF ANY INFORMATION FROM YOU TO BANK OR FROM BANK TO YOU. BANK SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR NOTIFYING YOU OF ANY UPGRADES OR ENHANCEMENTS TO ANY OF YOUR COMPUTER HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE.
The Bank shall not be responsible for any liability, loss, or damage resulting from Bank's failure to perform any Service or to perform any other obligations under this Agreement which is caused by an act of God, fire, floods, adverse weather or atmospheric conditions or other catastrophes; war, sabotage, riots, acts of public enemy, or acts of governmental authority or the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve; labor difficulties; equipment or computer failure or destruction or the unavailability, interruption, or malfunction of communications facilities or utilities; delays or failure to act by you or third parties and their personnel; criminal acts; or generally any cause reasonably beyond the Bank's control.
Any reimbursement by Bank for any liability hereunder may be made either directly to you or by adjustment of the aggregate ledger and collected balances of your accounts.
10.13ARBITRATION AND WAIVER OF JURY TRIAL.
YOU AND BANK AGREE THAT THE TRANSACTIONS PROCESSED UNDER THIS AGREEMENT INVOLVES “COMMERCE” UNDER THE FEDERAL ARBITRATION ACT (“FAA”). ANY CONTROVERSY OR CLAIM BETWEEN YOU AND BANK, OR BETWEEN YOU AND ANY OF BANK'S OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS OR AFFILIATED ENTITIES, THAT ARISES OUT OF OR IS RELATED TO ANY SERVICE PROVIDED UNDER THIS AGREEMENT, WHETHER BASED ON CONTRACT OR IN TORT OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, INCLUDING CLAIMS OF FRAUD, SUPPRESSION, MISREPRESENTATION AND FRAUD IN THE INDUCEMENT (COLLECTIVELY, ANY “CLAIM”), WILL BE SETTLED BY BINDING ARBITRATION UNDER THE FAA. THE ARBITRATION WILL BE ADMINISTERED BY THE AMERICAN ARBITRATION ASSOCIATION UNDER ITS COMMERCIAL ARBITRATION RULES (“THE ARBITRATION RULES”). IF A CLAIM IS SUBMITTED TO ARBITRATION, (A) YOU WILL NOT HAVE THE RIGHT TO GO TO COURT OR TO HAVE A JURY TRIAL; (B) YOU WILL NOT HAVE THE RIGHT TO ENGAGE IN PRE-ARBITRATION DISCOVERY EXCEPT AS PROVIDED IN THE ARBITRATION RULES; (C) YOU WILL NOT HAVE THE RIGHT TO HAVE ANY CLAIM ARBITRATED AS A CLASS ACTION UNDER THE ARBITRATION RULES OR UNDER ANY OTHER RULES OF CIVIL PROCEDURE; (D) THE ARBITRATOR'S DECISION WILL BE FINAL AND BINDING WITH LIMITED RIGHTS TO APPEAL; AND (E) THIS AGREEMENT SUPERSEDES ANY PRIOR ALTERNATIVE DISPUTE RESOLUTION AND/OR ARBITRATION AGREEMENT THAT MAY EXIST BETWEEN YOU AND BANK. THIS AGREEMENT TO ARBITRATE DISPUTES WILL SURVIVE THE CLOSING OF YOUR ACCOUNT AND THE TERMINATION OF THIS AGREEMENT.
These terms and conditions of this Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California, without regard to its conflict of law provisions and without regard to your state of residence.
In the event a dispute arises either directly or indirectly under this Agreement, the venue for any and all litigation resulting therefrom shall be in a court of appropriate jurisdiction in the State of California. The prevailing party in any such action shall be entitled, subject to applicable law, to payment by the other party of its reasonable attorney's fees (which may be or include the allocable cost of in-house counsel) and costs, including fees for any litigation, arbitration, mediation, appeal, or bankruptcy proceedings, and any post-judgment collection actions, if applicable.
10.16.1Headings. The headings and captions contained in this Agreement are included only for convenience of reference and do not define, limit, explain, or modify this Agreement or its interpretation, construction, or meaning.
10.16.2Severability. The holding of any provision of this Agreement as invalid, illegal, or unenforceable, in whole or in part, shall not affect the other provisions of this Agreement, which shall remain in full force and effect.
10.16.3Waiver. No waiver by the Bank (whether or not in writing) of any term, condition, or obligation of you under this Agreement shall bind the Bank to waive the same term, condition, or obligation again, nor shall any other provision, condition, term, or obligation hereof be affected by such a waiver.
10.16.4Binding Effect. This Agreement shall inure to the benefit of and be binding upon the successors, heirs, trustees, and permitted assigns of the parties hereto.
10.16.5Entire Agreement. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the parties hereto concerning the subject matter hereof. All contemporaneous agreements or understandings concerning the subject matter hereof, whether oral or written, are merged into this Agreement.
10.16.6Transfers and Assignments. You cannot transfer or assign any rights or obligations under this Agreement without Bank's written consent. The Bank may assign its rights and delegate its duties under this Agreement to a company affiliated with the Bank or to any other party.
10.17Authority and Joint Accounts.
You hereby represent and warrant that you have full right, authority and power to execute, deliver and perform this Agreement. If this account is a joint account, you are jointly and severally liable under this Agreement. Each of you acting alone may perform transactions, obtain information, stop or change payments or transfers, terminate this Agreement or otherwise transact business, take actions or perform under this Agreement. We are not required to obtain the consent of, or notify any other of you. However, each of you will only be permitted to access accounts for which you are an owner or authorized user.
Each of you individually releases us from any liability and agrees not to make a claim or bring any action against us for honoring or allowing any actions or transactions where the person performing the action or transaction is one of you or is otherwise authorized to use your Online Banking account. Each of you agrees to indemnify us and hold us harmless from any and all liability (including, but not limited to, reasonable attorney's fees) arising from any such claims or actions.
Article XI. Mobile Banking Service.
If you have selected the Mobile Banking Service, the following terms and conditions are applicable to the Mobile Banking Service.
11.1Description of the Mobile Banking Service.
Unless your cellular phone is limited to texting, Mobile Banking Service refers generally to any service allowing an existing Bank customer to access and view accounts, including checking, certificates-of-deposit, money markets, loans, and lines-of-credit, selected by the customer (“Accounts”) from a web-enabled mobile phone or device (“Mobile Device”) whose network allows secure SSL traffic and supports WAP browsers. The services available to the text-enabled cellular phone are limited as further described in this Agreement. We do not guarantee the functionality of the Service on all wireless devices; however, generally, the Service should be compatible with any web-enabled mobile phone or other Mobile Device, regardless of make, model, or mobile service provider. This proprietary solution adapts to any screen size and can change dynamically to present items on any screen in a pleasing format. The Mobile Banking Service allows you to view transaction history, view Account balances, view account transaction history, transfer funds between Accounts, pay bills to payees, view alerts, and if you have selected the Mobile Remote Deposit Service, remotely make deposits. In most cases you may use the Service to gain access to deposit accounts in which you have an unrestricted right to withdraw funds. However, the Bank, as it may determine at any time and from time to time in its sole discretion, may deny Service account access, restrict Service account transactions, or place limits on the specific dollar amount of funds that may be withdrawn or transferred from any account.
You acknowledge and agree that these services may be provided by an independent third party service provider (“Vendor”) as selected by Bank, and that both the Vendor and the Service are subject to change from time to time without notice to you. You further acknowledge, agree, and stipulate that the Vendor is an independent contractor providing software and data transmission services and is not the agent of you or Bank. Neither the Bank nor the Vendor is responsible for the actions or omissions of the other.
- The Service requires a web-enabled Mobile Device or a cellular phone that is text-enabled. The text-enabled cellular phone service (“SMS Texting”) is limited to the functions specified in Section 11.13. Text messages are sent to you without being encrypted. With the exception of the text-enabled cellular phone, the Service is similar to Online Banking on a personal computer. You can view your available account balance and review account history on the Account selected by you.
- The Service allows you to transfer money between your accounts. You must select the accounts to and from which funds will be transferred through the use of the Online Banking service, and you will receive a confirmation when the transaction is completed. Frequency and amount limitations of transfers are set forth below.
- If you have signed up for our Online Banking Bill Pay Service, the Service allows you to pay bills to payees. A confirmation message and number will be displayed after the bill payment is complete. The payees must be set up through the Online Banking Service. A new payee cannot be set up on the Online Banking Bill Pay Service through your Mobile Device.
- If you have Alerts on your account, you may review the Alerts with the Service. The Alert information must be set up through the use of the Online Banking Service.
- If you have signed up for Mobile Remote Deposit Capture, you can transmit the image of a check to us for deposit to you account.
- From time to time, we may develop additional mobile banking services. As such services are developed you will have the opportunity to add them to your Mobile Banking Service, provided you have compatible wireless hardware and software.
11.3Eligibility/How To Register For Mobile Banking Service.
To use the Service, you must have an open account at the Bank, register for Online Banking, and have a compatible Mobile Device. During the registration process, you will enter your mobile phone number as well as other information we require to authenticate your identity. You will be provided with further instructions on how to access the Service using the browser on your Mobile Device as well as how to receive account balance information using SMS Texting. During this registration process, you will be required to provide your Online Banking identification credentials (“Access Code”) that you must use each time you access the Service.
In addition to other Security Procedures provided for in this Agreement, the use of the Access Code and your Mobile Device is a security procedure established by Bank to authenticate the identity of the person attempting to gain access to the Service. The security procedure is not designed for the detection of errors. We may require you to change your Access Code from time to time for security reasons. You should keep your Access Code in a secure location. Any person having access to your Access Code will be able to access these Services and perform all transactions, including reviewing Account information and using the Bill Pay Services. With this Access Code, a third party will be able to use your Online Banking Service to add new payees to the Bill Pay Service. You are responsible for safeguarding the Access Codes and your Mobile Device. Providing these Access Codes to another person effectively constitutes a grant of authority to access your accounts under Consumer Federal Protection Bureau Regulation E (“REG E”).
11.5Availability of Service.
We will use reasonable efforts to make the Service available for your use on a continuous basis. The Service may be unavailable for short periods of time for regular or emergency system maintenance. We will endeavor to have our scheduled maintenance occur during non-peak hours. In addition, accessibility to the Service may be interrupted because of conditions beyond our control, including outages in Internet, cellular or other communications availability. We will use diligent efforts to re-establish the Services as promptly as possible. We do not promise the Service will always be available for your use. We may elect to discontinue this Service at any time. If we choose to discontinue the Service, we will provide you with reasonable notice in advance of that fact. We reserve the right at all times to take actions to protect our systems and information, including denial of access to users of the Service.
11.6Physical and Electronic Security.
Because the Mobile Banking Service is similar to Online Banking on a personal computer, there are security risks associated with the use of the Service. The hardware and software that you use in connection with the Service may be subject to unauthorized tracking or other manipulation by spyware or other malicious code. We are not responsible for advising you of the existence or potential effect of such malicious code, and your use of your hardware and software is at your own risk. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to secure the Service to prevent access by unauthorized persons and to prevent the introduction of any malicious code, such as a computer virus. However, no security system is failsafe, and despite our efforts the security of the Service could be compromised or malicious code could be introduced by third parties. We will provide you with notice if your information is the subject of a security breach as required by applicable law.
Transfers and Payments from your Account initiated via the Mobile Banking Service will be deducted on the day you initiate them. If the day you initiate a Transfer or Payment falls on a weekend or holiday, we will process your transaction the next Transfer Day. We may refuse to act on your Transfer instructions or Payment request if sufficient funds, including funds available under any overdraft protection plan, are not available in your Account on the date you want us to make the Transfer or Payment.
11.8Processing Internal Fund Transfers.
We can process a Transfer until 4:00 p.m. Pacific Time on a Transfer Day. If you initiate a Transfer after the cutoff time, the Transfer will be reflected in your account and available for your use at the time the Transfer is initiated, but it will be processed the following Business Day. You are fully obligated to us to provide sufficient funds for any payments or transfers you make or authorize to be made. If we complete a Payment or Transfer that you make or authorize and we subsequently learn that you have insufficient funds for the transaction, you agree that we may reverse the transaction or offset the shortage with funds from any other deposit account(s) you have with us to the extent permissible by the applicable law and the terms of any other relevant agreements. If there are insufficient funds in your Account to make a Transfer or Payment, we may refuse to make the Transfer or Payment or we may make the Transfer or Payment and overdraw your Account. In either event, you are responsible for any non-sufficient funds (“NSF”) charges that may apply.
11.9Cancelling Transfers or Payments.
You may cancel a pending Transfer or Payment transaction. However, to do so, you must use the Online Banking Service and we must receive your instruction to cancel prior to the cutoff time on the Transfer Day or Business Day the transaction is scheduled to be processed. If we don't receive your instruction to cancel a transaction before that time, we may process the transaction.
11.10Transfers From Savings/Money Market Deposit Accounts.
Federal regulations require us to limit, either by contract or in practice, the number of certain types of transfers from savings and money market deposit accounts. You are limited to six (6) preauthorized electronic fund transfers per monthly statement cycle without regard to whether the Transfers are made using your personal computer or Mobile Device. Each fund transfer through the Service from your savings or money market deposit account is counted as one of the six (6) transfers permitted each monthly statement cycle. However, payments to your loan accounts with us are not counted toward this transfer limit for savings/money market deposit accounts. An excess withdrawal fee designated in our Schedule of Fees will be assessed each statement cycle that you exceed the six allotted transactions.
11.11Bill Payment Service and Transfers.
If you have signed up for our Online Bill Payment Service, you can use this Service to initiate one-time immediate bill payments, which will be processed during the next bill pay processing time. You cannot use this Mobile Banking Service to set up new payees. You must use the Online Bill Payment Service to set up new payees. The Bank reserves the right to decline to make Payments to certain persons and entities. You agree that any Payment for taxes, Payments that are court-ordered, government payments and Payments outside of the United States are prohibited and you agree that you will not attempt to use the Service to make these types of Payments. You may not schedule Payments or create a new Payee through this Mobile Banking Service. Please refer to your Online Banking Service Section of this Agreement for the procedures that must be followed to perform these functions. Payments are posted against your ledger balance, plus the available credit on your overdraft protection, if any, or other line of credit. Other than the functions previously described that must be performed through the Online Banking Service, Bill Payment transactions are processed in the same manner through the Mobile Banking Service as they are with the Online Banking Service.
Upon completion of a Transfer or Payment, a confirmation message will be displayed on your Mobile Device confirming that the transaction has been completed. If Alerts have been enabled, an SMS Text message will be sent to confirm the Transfer or Payment. You should record the Payee information (if applicable), the date of the Transfer or Payment, and the amount of the Transfer or Payment, in your checkbook/transaction register or other permanent record. This procedure will help in resolving any problems that may occur. No printed receipts are issued through the Service.
11.13SMS Texting Service.
The Mobile Banking Services enables you to access your Account(s) through an SMS text enabled Mobile Device. By activating/registering your Mobile Devices for this service, you agree to receive and send electronic text messages about your Accounts. Bank will send text messages to you based upon the instructions you provide at the time of the SMS request that you send. You hereby acknowledge and accept that each message is sent to you without being encrypted and will include certain information requested on your Account(s). You may request and receive text messages concerning your accounts on any text enabled Mobile Device. It is your responsibility to determine if your wireless carrier provider supports text messages and your Mobile Device is capable of receiving text messages. Bank's SMS messages are subject to the terms and conditions of your agreement(s) with your wireless carrier provider even if your use of the SMS service results in additional or changed fees. Once you activate your Mobile Device for this Service, YOU are responsible for keeping any personal information in your Mobile Device secure. For your protection, you agree to:
- Log in to Online Banking and cancel SMS Texting if you or your wireless carrier provider is cancelled
- Log in to Online Banking and cancel SMS Texting if your Mobile Device is lost or stolen
- Contact Bank if your Mobile Device is lost or stolen
- Log in to Online Banking and cancel or edit SMS Texting if there are changes to your wireless carrier provider or Mobile Device number (cell phone number)
- Erase your “Sent Message” and “Inbox” that may contain your SMS PIN number or other personal information.
You acknowledge, agree and understand that your receipt of any SMS messages may be delayed or prevented by factor(s) affecting your wireless carrier provider and/or other factors outside our control. We neither guarantee the delivery nor the accuracy of the contents of any message(s). You agree to the terms of the indemnification clause as specified on the Online Banking Section of this Agreement. You also agree not to hold the Bank liable for any losses, damages or costs that may arise in whole or in part, from:
- Non-delivery, delayed delivery, or the misdirected delivery of any message
- Inaccurate or incomplete content in any message
- Your reliance on or use of the information provided in any SMS service message for any purpose.
Bank provides this service as a convenience to you. We do not use text messages for any purpose not included in this system and will not respond to text messages sent to us that do not comply with appropriate action codes. A SMS message does not constitute an official record for the Account to which it pertains. Bank reserves the right to terminate this service or begin charging a fee for this service at any time without prior notice to you, except where required by law. All provisions of any agreements or disclosures previously made pertaining to your Account(s) remain in effect and are not superseded or amended by this Agreement.
11.14No Fees to Access Mobile Banking Service.
There is no fee or charge assessed by us for you to register for or access the Mobile Banking Service. (We may assess fees or charges in the future; you will receive notice of such fees or charges, as required by law.) You may, however, incur charges to receive Internet service on your Mobile Device. You may also incur charges from your wireless carrier when sending and receiving text messages. You will be responsible to your wireless carrier for any such Internet or text messaging charges.
11.15Export Control and International Use.
The United States controls the export of products and information containing encryption ("Controlled Technology"). You agree to comply with such restrictions and not to export or re-export any Controlled Technology within the Service to countries or persons prohibited under the Export Administration Regulations ("EAR"). By downloading any products or information from this Service, you are agreeing that you are not in a country where such export is prohibited and that you are not a person or entity to which such export is prohibited. You are responsible for compliance with the laws of your local jurisdiction regarding the import, export, or re-export of any products or information subject to the EAR. We do not make any representation that any content or use of the Service is appropriate or available for use in locations outside of the United States. Accessing the Service from locations where its contents or use is illegal is prohibited by Bank. Those choosing to access the Service from locations outside the United States do so at their own risk and are responsible for compliance with local laws.
Other than your materials and account information, all content received on the Mobile Banking Service is the exclusive property of Bank and/or its licensors and is protected by copyrights or other intellectual property rights.
11.17Your Mobile Device and Your Software.
We will not be responsible for any errors or failures from any malfunction of your Mobile Device or any malicious software or other problems related to the Mobile Device used with our Services.
We are not responsible for any error, damages or other loss you may suffer due to malfunction or misapplication of any system you use, including your mobile browser (Internet Explorer Mobile®, Safari®, Opera Mini™/Opera Mobile™ or otherwise), your mobile service provider, your personal financial management or other software (such as Quicken® or Microsoft Money®), or any equipment you may use to access or communicate with the Service.
11.18Area of Service.
The Services described in this Agreement are solely offered to citizens and residents of the United States of America and may not be accessed while outside of the United States of America.
We may, from time to time, revise or update, or perform maintenance upon, our program, the Services, and/or related material, resulting in interrupted service or errors in the Services or rendering prior versions obsolete. We also may need to change the scope of our Services from time to time. We will attempt to provide prior notice of such interruptions and changes but cannot guarantee that such notice will be provided. We reserve the right to terminate this Agreement as to all prior versions of our programs, the Services, and/or related material and limit access to our more recent versions and updates. Use of the Service after the effective date of any such revisions, updates, and/or changes will constitute your consent to the same.
Article XII. Mobile Remote Deposit Service.
If you have selected the Mobile Deposit Service and you have been approved by the Bank to use the Mobile Remote Deposit Servic, the following terms and conditions are applicable to the Mobile Deposit Service. Your use of Bank's Mobile Deposit Service (“Mobile Deposit Service”) is governed by the terms of this Agreement. By agreeing to or signing the applicable account documentation or by using or continuing to use Mobile Deposit you are acknowledging your election to use the Mobile Deposit Service. You acknowledge that email and/or messages displayed on your mobile device will be the primary means of communication for the Mobile Deposit Service. You are responsible for maintaining a current email address and you agree that you will, in a timely manner, review messages and notifications you receive from us and check your Account to confirm it reflects recent activity.
12.1Mobile Deposit Service Description.
The Mobile Deposit Service allows you to use the Mobile Banking Apps to make deposits to your accounts from home or other remote locations; by taking photos of the front and back of original checks and transmitting the digital images ("images") and associated deposit information to us or our processor with your Mobile Device. In order to use the Mobile Deposit Service, you must be designated as an authorized signer or owner of an Account that is eligible for this Mobile Deposit Service and be approved by the Bank.
We may establish per item transaction, daily, and monthly limits on the dollar amount and/or number of Check Images or Mobile Deposits from time to time. The daily and monthly limits are over Business Days and calculated based on your total Mobile Deposit activity across all of the Accounts that you use with this service. If you attempt to initiate a Mobile Deposit in excess of these limits, we may reject your Mobile Deposit and you may deposit the check(s) in a manner consistent with other methods for making deposits provided by the Bank (such as at a branch or ATM or by mail). If we permit you to make a Mobile Deposit in excess of these limits, such Mobile Deposit will still be subject to the terms of this Agreement, and we will not be obligated to allow such a Mobile Deposit at other times. Your dollar deposit limit will be disclosed to you at the time that you make the Mobile Deposit. Bank reserves the right to change the limits. Any such change shall be effective immediately and may be implemented prior to your receipt of notice thereof.
12.3Provisional Credit and Funds Availability.
Upon acceptance of the Mobile Deposit, Bank shall grant your Account Provisional Credit (as herein defined) for the total amount of the Mobile Deposit or the accepted Mobile Deposit, as applicable. As used herein, “Provisional Credit” means that when we post transactions to your account, the credit is made to your Account subject to final payment of the Checks and subject to the terms of the Deposit Agreement. For the purpose of determining availability of funds, Bank may hold funds for the period of time permitted by Bank's funds availability disclosure. Mobile Deposit funds are generally available the next business day after the business day of your deposit, unless a hold is placed. If a hold is placed, you will be notified.
12.4Checks Deposited and Security Interest.
You hereby agree that you will only scan and deposit a check(s) as that term is defined in Federal Reserve Board Regulation CC ("Reg CC"). You agree that the image of the check that is transmitted to Bank (each such check and other item a "Check" and, if more than one, "Checks") shall be deemed an "item" within the meaning of Article 4 of the Uniform Commercial Code (1990 Official Text). You further agree that you will not use the Mobile Deposit Service to deposit any Checks or other items that: (a) are payable to any person or entity other than you, (b) are drawn, or otherwise issued, by you on any account of you maintained at another financial institution, (c) are prohibited by Bank's then current Procedures pertaining to the Mobile Deposit Service or are in violation of any law, rule or regulation, (d) you know or suspect, or should know or suspect, is fraudulent or otherwise not authorized by the owner of the account on which the Check is drawn, (e) have not been previously endorsed by a bank and are either "substitute checks" (as defined in Reg CC or other applicable federal law or regulation) or "image replacement documents" that purport to be substitute checks, without Bank's prior written consent, (f) are drawn on financial institutions that are located outside of the United States or Territories of the United States, and (g) are not acceptable to Bank for deposit into a deposit account as provided in the Deposit Agreement, which is incorporated herein by reference and made a part hereof (Checks described in clauses (a) through (g) each a "Prohibited Check" and, collectively, "Prohibited Checks"). If you deposit a Prohibited Check, you agree to indemnify and reimburse Bank for, and hold Bank harmless from and against, any and all losses, costs and expenses (including reasonable attorneys fees) Bank may incur associated with any warranty, indemnity or other claim related thereto. Furthermore, if, after first having obtained Bank’s written consent to do so, you provide Bank with an electronic representation of a substitute check for deposit into an Account instead of an original Check, you agree to indemnify and reimburse Bank for, and hold Bank harmless from and against, any and all losses, costs and expenses (including reasonable attorneys fees) Bank incurs because any such substitute check resulting from such electronic representation does not meet applicable substitute check standards and/or causes duplicate payments. You grant Bank a security interest in all Accounts or other deposits (whether general or special) of yours at the Bank, and in all funds in such Accounts or other deposits, to secure your obligations to Bank under this Agreement. This security interest will survive termination of this Agreement.
Each image must provide all information on the front and back of the original Check at the time presented to you by the drawer (the person or entity from whose account the Check was written), including, but not limited to, information about the drawer and the paying bank that is preprinted on the original Check, MICR information, signature(s), any required identification written on the front of the original Check and any endorsements applied to the back of the original Check. The image quality must meet the standards established by the American National Standards Institute, the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve, and any other regulatory agency, clearing house or association. Endorsements must be made on the back of the Check and include your signature and your account number and "FOR MOBILE DEPOSIT." You acknowledge and agree that you shall be liable to us for any loss we incur caused by a delay or processing error resulting from an irregular endorsement or other markings placed on the Check by you.
12.6Receipt of Deposit.
All images processed for deposit through Mobile Deposit will be treated as "deposits" under your current Deposit Account Agreement with us and will be subject to all terms of the Deposit Account Agreement and any amendments to such Agreement. To be eligible for processing on the day transmitted, Mobile Deposits must be received and accepted by Bank on or before 4:00 p.m. or other cut-off time established by Bank from time to time (the "Cut-Off Time") on a business day that the Bank is open. A Mobile Deposit that is received after the Cut-Off Time shall be deemed to have been received on the business day following the business day on which the Mobile Deposit is actually received by Bank. Cut-Off time information is available in the Mobile Banking App. When we receive an image, we will confirm that you have submitted the image via a message displayed on your Mobile Device. Your submission confirmation does not mean that the image contains no errors or that it has been approved for crediting. A status of "pending" does not indicate that the submitted item has been accepted. You will not receive a subsequent notification that a submitted image has been credited to your Account. You agree that Bank has no obligation to accept a Mobile Deposit and, therefore, we reserve the right to reject any Mobile Deposit or the Images or other information contained therein transmitted through this Service, at our discretion, without liability to you. If your submission is rejected, you will receive email of such rejection from the Bank. It is your responsibility to check notifications from the Bank for any rejected submissions and contact the Bank to address the reason for such rejection. You acknowledge and agree that Bank shall have no liability to you for failing to provide notice of rejection of a Mobile Deposit. You agree that you shall be solely liable for, and Bank shall not have any liability whatsoever to you for, any Mobile Deposit or the Images or other information contained therein that are not received by Bank. You also agree to be liable for Mobile Deposits or the Images or other information contained therein that are intercepted or altered by an unauthorized third party or dropped during transmission.
After you have received confirmation that your Mobile Deposit has been accepted for deposit, you should mark the Check as having been deposited. You agree to securely store the original Check for a period of ten (10) calendar days from the date of the Image transmission (such period the "Retention Period"). During the Retention Period, you shall take appropriate security measures to ensure that: (a) the information contained on such Checks shall not be disclosed, (b) such Checks will not be duplicated or scanned more than one time and (c) such Checks will not be deposited or negotiated in any form. Upon expiration of the Retention Period, you shall destroy the original Check you transmitted as an Image using a method of destruction that will result in the paper based Item being unprocessable and all sensitive personal and financial information undecipherable. You hereby indemnify Bank for, and hold Bank harmless from and against, any and all claims, demands, actions, causes of action, losses and damages, of whatever nature or kind, and regardless of the theory upon which the same is (are) based, caused directly or indirectly by, arising out of, related to, in connection with or resulting wholly or partially from, the destruction of original Checks by you. During the Retention Period, you agree to promptly provide the original Check to the Bank upon request.
You agree that, in the event you are not able to capture, process, produce or transmit a Mobile Deposit to Bank, or otherwise comply with the terms hereof or of the Procedures, for any reason, including, but not limited to, communications, equipment or software outages, interruptions or failures, you will make the deposit in a manner consistent with other methods for making deposits provided by Bank until such time that the outage, interruption or failure is identified and resolved. You hereby acknowledge and agree that Bank shall not be liable to you for any loss or damage of any nature sustained by you as the result of your inability to use the Mobile Deposit Service. The deposit of original Checks through these other methods shall be governed by the terms and conditions of the Deposit Account Agreement and not by the terms of this Agreement.
If Images of Checks deposited by you are dishonored or otherwise returned unpaid by the drawee bank, or are returned by a clearing agent for any reason, including, but not limited to, issues relating to the quality of the Image, you understand and agree that, since you either maintains the original Check or has destroyed it in accordance with the Original Check provisions in this agreement, the original Check will not be returned, and Bank may charge back an Image of the Check to your Account. You understand and agree that the Image may be in the form of an electronic or paper reproduction of the original Check or a substitute check. Unless otherwise instructed by Bank, you agree not to deposit the original Check if an Image or other debit as previously described is charged back to you.
- Checks Deposited. You shall only deposit Checks that are authorized by this Agreement, the Procedures and the Deposit Agreement;
- Image Quality. Each Image transmitted by you to Bank contains an accurate representation of the front and the back of each Check and complies with the requirements of this Agreement;
- Accuracy of Information. All data and other information submitted by you to Bank, including, but not limited to, data contained in the MICR line of each Check is complete and accurate and complies with the requirements of this Agreement;
- No Duplicates. You will not: (i) create duplicate Images of the Checks, (ii) transmit a duplicate Image or File to Bank, or (iii) deposit or otherwise negotiate the original of any Check of which an Image was created. You further warrant that no subsequent transferee, including but not limited to Bank, a collecting or returning bank, drawer, drawee, payee or endorser, will be asked to pay the original Item from which the Image(s) was created or a duplication (whether paper or electronic, including ACH entries) of the Item(s);
- No Loss. No subsequent transferees of the Item(s), including but not limited to Bank, a collecting or returning bank, drawer, drawee, payee or endorser, shall sustain a loss as the result of the fact that the Image was presented for payment or returned instead of the original Check;
- Information. All information provided by you to Bank is true, complete and accurate;
- Authority and Legality. (i) This Agreement is valid and enforceable against you in accordance with its terms; and (ii) the entry into, and performance of, this Agreement by you will not violate any law, or conflict with any other agreement, to which you are subject;
- No Litigation. There is no action, suit or proceeding pending or, to your knowledge, threatened, which if decided adversely, would adversely affect your financial condition or operations.
- Transactions. All Checks and transactions are, and will be, bona fide. All signatures on Checks are authentic and authorized.
- Rule Compliance. You submit Images in compliance with this Agreement, the Procedures, applicable law and the Rules.
- Indemnity. You agree to indemnify Bank for, and hold Bank harmless from and against, any and all claims, losses, liabilities, costs, and expenses (including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys' fees) arising from a breach of any of your warranties, representations and/or obligations under this Agreement or any other agreement between you and Bank, including, but not limited to, the Deposit Agreement, and the terms of this paragraph shall survive the termination of this Agreement.
12.10Indemnification and Liability; Third Party Claims.
You hereby indemnify Bank and each of its parents, subsidiaries and affiliates and their respective officers, directors, employees, members, partners, agents, insurers and attorneys (each an “Indemnified Party” and, collectively, the "Indemnified Parties") for, and hold each of the Indemnified Parties harmless from and against, all actions, causes of action, claims, damages, liabilities and expenses (including reasonable attorneys' fees) of any nature or kind (including those by third parties) arising out of, or related to, this Agreement, including all actions, causes of action, claims, damages, liabilities and expenses arising out of, related to or resulting from: (a) your (i) failure to report required changes, (ii) transmission of incorrect data to Bank or (iii) failure to maintain compliance with the Rules, (b) (i) Bank's provision of the Service, or (ii) Bank's action or inaction in accordance with, or in reliance upon, any instructions or information received from any person reasonably believed by Bank to be you, (c) your breach of any of your representations, warranties, covenants or other agreements or responsibilities under this Agreement and/or (d) your breach or violation of any Rules; provided, however, you are not obligated to indemnify Bank for any damages solely and proximately caused by Bank's gross negligence or willful misconduct.